The Granada Community Services District (GCSD) was formed in 1958, and is located in the community of El Granada on the San Mateo County coastline, about 25 miles south of San Francisco and a few miles north of the City of Half Moon Bay. The District is responsible for parks & recreation services, sewer services, and garbage/recycling services in the unincorporated areas of El Granada, Miramar, and Princeton-by-theSea. GCSD is an independent special district with a locally elected 5-member Board of Directors and serves approximately 2,500 homes and businesses.
The District recently purchased a 6-acre parcel of land which includes a 2400-square-foot building. We are currently in the process of designing and permitting a proposed community park and recreation center, which is expected to start construction in 2025.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the District Office and serves as Secretary/Clerk to the Board of Directors.
We’re looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and goal-oriented person with exceptional communication skills and customer service abilities. You will be the frontline face of the District, who will interact directly with Board members, other agencies, and the community at large.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Plan, direct and coordinate District’s financial and administrative functions.
- Help develop and prepare annual District budget.
- Oversee all accounting and invoicing functions.
- Coordinate, prepare, and post board meeting agendas.
- Attend all regular District meetings and generate meeting minutes.
- Provide general support to the Board and General Manager.
- Write staff reports and prepare recommendations to go before the Board.
- Supervise 1-3 District employees.
- Coordinate and develop community outreach as needed.
- Ensure implementation of District policies and procedures.
- Track District projects, including the Park and Recreation Center project.
- Coordinate District third-party consultants.
- Analyze and perform Assessment District-related administrative procedures.
- Review, process, and issue sewer permits per District policy.
- Record and handle incoming sewer-related emergencies.
- Assist in maintaining District website information.
The Assistant General Manager reports to the Contract General Manager.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES WE SEEK:
- Five years of responsible administrative/business experience, preferably in public agency administration and finance, or a closely related field.
- Requires accountability, good judgement, and ability to foster strong relationships with work colleagues, consultants, other agencies, ratepayers, the Board of Directors, and the community at large.
- Strong financial and administrative skills.
- Ability to pivot between various District functions, due to multiple District service offerings.
- Must be knowledgeable of, or able to quickly learn, Special District and GCSD regulations and policies & procedures.
- Project and process management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university strongly preferred.
- California driver’s license required.
In addition to base compensation, the District participates in the CalPERS Retirement System, provides up to $2000/month for health, dental, vision and life insurance through the SDRMA Benefits Plans program, as well as excellent vacation and sick leave benefits.
How to Apply
You can find out more about the District at www.granada.ca.gov. Please send your resume directly to: Laura Demos at [email protected]