Abundant Grace Coastside Worker is a nonprofit that serves the homeless and low-income population of Half Moon Bay with a focus on, employment, housing, food justice, physical and mental health, and other direct services in order to promote social and economic justice. Our five outcome goals for those we serve are: Housing, Employment, Sobriety and Mental and Physical Health.
The Director of Philanthropic Relationships position is a full-time exempt (40 hours/week) position. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing AGCW’s fundraising campaigns and events, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a strong development plan. This position involves managing individual, foundation and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in nonprofit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
Scope of Work:
• Under the direction, guidance and approval of the Executive Director, prepare and submit supporting documents for all foundation, government, and corporate grants (approximately 15-20 annually) in a timely basis as required by each grant.
• Manage the grants calendar to ensure accurate deadlines and to record commitments, and meet all reporting requirements.
• Coordinate the Philanthropic Relationships Working Group that meets monthly.
• Prospect for new grant funding that supports the organization’s mission and budget goals.
• Update and maintain general proposal language that includes the latest research and rationale for statements of need and ensures alignment with the organization’s strategic plan, mission and values.
• Schedule visits and host foundation officers and individual funders for program observations.
• Manage grants database and ensure all grant contacts, proposals, awards data, and thank-you letters are produced and up-to-date.
• Respond to phone messages, general office administrative work.
• Database management and data entry (online, Excel).
• Perform mail merges (i.e for thanking donors).
• Address hand-written envelopes for donor thank you’s and other mailings.
• Manage relationship cultivation tasks and deadlines.
• Prepare detailed fundraising reports to reflect fundraising progress outlook and outcomes to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Regularly review & update organization’s budget with Executive Director.
• Maintain a daily work log of tasks and hours worked.
*These are not the only duties; some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Strong alignment with the mission and values of Abundant Grace Coastside Worker.
• Experience writing grants.
• Goal-oriented with excellent attention to detail.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills including record-keeping, data entry, planning, filing, managing schedules, and managing email.
• Must be able to work independently and calmly, with attention to detail, under pressure, with shifting priorities.
• Willingness and ability to work some nights and/or weekends as necessary.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Google docs, e-mail, database, Internet research, and social media).
• Willing to learn how to use nonprofit software programs and database applications.
This is a full-time position that requires a willingness to work some evenings and weekends, as well as occasional travel. The anticipated salary range for the position is $65,000 – $70,000. Abundant Grace offers a generous benefits package including: excellent health, vision and dental plans; employer retirement contributions; one week sick leave and 4 weeks paid vacation.
Abundant Grace Coastside Worker is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. AGCW is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please apply online by submitting your cover letter and resume in a single PDF document via email to [email protected] Please put “Development Director” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe your particular interest in AGCW and your qualifications for the Development Director position. Questions may be directed to Eric DeBode at [email protected] All applications will be confidential within the hiring team and given serious consideration as soon as they are received. Job interviews will begin in early February and continue until the position is filled.