Full-time exempt and year round, with competitive salary and benefits.
Sea Crest School, a JK-8 school located in Half Moon Bay on the pacific coast just south of San Francisco, seeks a Director of Admissions. Sea Crest School is a small school committed to our mission of teaching through project based learning, providing opportunities for our students to explore their curiosity, to think creatively, and act compassionately. Sea Crest school has a strong commitment to social emotional learning, connectivity through our local community and a flagship Marine and Coastal Science program.
Role and Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate is an experienced admissions professional, innovative thinker, collaborative problem solver and thoughtful relationship builder. We are looking for someone excited by the opportunity to try new approaches and programs and will take initiative to put plans into motion. The Director of Admissions will serve on the senior leadership team (forward facing team) and collaborate with the Director of Advancement, Director of Student Learning and Director of Curriculum. This position will share supervision of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator. The Director of Admissions works with every member of the school community and reports directly to the Head of School.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for the short and long-term strategic planning for admission and enrollment management of the School. With a keen awareness of the School’s public image and mission, s/he co-ordinates with the Director of Advancement (DA), CFO, and HOS to administer the admission and retention activities of the school. See complete Job Description for more details.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Intimate and direct knowledge of admissions, preferably in independent schools.
- Inter-personal/relationship building, analytical/strategic thinking, organization, time management, delegation, problem-solving, conflict management and decision-making.
- Sense of humor, ability to work collaboratively with others, and commitment to growth is highly valued.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and experience with social media, content development and marketing.
- A role model of high standards of professional behavior and strong leadership.
- Adept at public speaking.
- Ability to speak enthusiastically and persuasively about Sea Crest School.
- Innovative, growth mind-set, self-starter who works efficiently to attain goals.
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- A strong commitment to collaborate as a member of the administrative team.
- Experience with Blackbaud Enrollment Management system a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- First Aid, AED and age-appropriate CPR certification
- Valid California Driver License
- Live Scan fingerprinting
- Three years of admission, enrollment, or sales experience.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or independent school environment is highly preferred.
About our school:
Sea Crest is a JK-8 school of joyful learning and community. Located in the heart of Half Moon Bay, Sea Crest offers a high-quality, engaging educational experience that leverages our beautiful setting with a focus on marine and coastal connection. Our creative and collaborative educators believe in providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage. For 25 years, we have had the privilege of stewarding young minds and hearts through their journey of discovery, growth and development. Our small class sizes support a personalized approach to instruction and the opportunity to develop strong connections with students. Our enrichment programs enable students to discover new interests and abilities in a supportive environment. Sea Crest graduates are: Inclusive, Thoughtful, Knowledgeable, Creative, and Articulate.
How to Apply
If you are interested in moving forward, please submit a cover letter and résumé to: Lauren Miller, Head of school. Sea Crest values diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. Sea Crest offers a strong benefits package and expects to pay between $100,000- $125,000 for this role depending on relevant experience.