Mission Statement: Coastside Adult Day Health Center’s Mission is to keep people as healthy, active and independent as possible when advancing years and or physical/ mental conditions call for extra care and attention.
We are looking for a part time Speech Therapist to work at Coastside Adult Day Health Center. We offer day time health services for the frail, elderly and disabled throughout all of San Mateo County.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducting physical and psychological assessments of clients and developing or following a treatment plan.
- Evaluate levels of speech, language, or swallowing difficulty.
- Identify clients’ goals for treatment.
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan that addresses specific functional needs.
- Teach clients how to make sounds, improve their voices, and maintain fluency.
- Educating caregivers and family members of clients on patient care.
- Evaluating results and progress of participants.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and the technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available.
- Complying with federal, state, and local certification requirements.
- A Masters in Speech-Language pathology.
- Certified by the National Board for Certification.
- Compliant with state healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and speech therapy programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Ability to assess patient conditions and work with treatment plans.
- At least one year experience in related field
- Speech Therapy License (Required)
Work Location: In person