Emergency Help – 911
Disaster Info – 211
For Unincorporated Residents
(Coastsiders NOT located within the HMB City Limits)
County residents in unincorporated areas may pick up sandbags free of charge at the following locations. There is a limit of 15 premade sandbags. In addition to premade sandbags, the County provides materials for individuals to fill as many bags as they need on their own. Requests for additional premade bags will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Princeton Corporation Yard
203 Cornell Ave., Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Pescadero High School
350 Butano Cutoff Rd., Pescadero, CA 94060
La Honda Corporation Yard
59 Entrada Way, La Honda, CA 94020
From SMC County
Quick Storm Preparation Tips
- Check roof drains and downspouts to make sure they are clear of debris.
- Keep children away from creeks and large drains which can be deadly during storms.
- Keep leaves and yard trimmings out of storm drains and gutters.
- Don’t forget your pets, and don’t forget to pick up pet waste to prevent water pollution.
- Turn off automatic sprinklers.
- Don’t store hazardous materials in areas that may be subject to flooding.
- Store emergency supplies (first aid kit, essential medicines, cash, food, non-electric can opener, portable battery-operated radio, flashlights and spare batteries) in air-tight bags and in handy locations.
- Keep your car fueled. If electric power is cut off, filling stations may not be able to operate.
Bookmark this page! When emergencies hit, we do our best to update this box with the public information we receive from the various Coastside agencies that provide emergency services.
Police / Sheriff
- Half Moon Bay Substation (650) 726-8288
- Moss Beach Substation (650) 573-2801
- San Mateo County Office (650) 216-7676
- After Hours Nonemergency (650) 363-4911
- Coastside Fire Protection (650 726-5213
- Montara/Moss Beach Station (650) 728-3022
- El Granada Station (650) 726-8291
- Half Moon Bay Station (650) 726-8290
- Pescadero Station (650) 879-0121
- La Honda Station (650) 747-0381
Disaster Support Services
- American Red Cross (650) 259-1750
- Half Moon Bay Bay City Hall (650) 726-8910
- SMC Office of Emergency Services (OES) (650) 363-4790
- SMC Dept. of Public Works Emergency Line (24 Hours) (650) 363-4100
- CA Office of Emergency Services (916) 464-1013
- PG&E for downed wires or power lines, a power outage, a gas leak or other related emergency (800) 743-5000 -or- 911
Human Needs – Core Service Agencies
- Coastside Hope (650) 726-9071 Serves Montara, Moss Beach, El Granada, and Half Moon Bay.
- Puente (650) 879-1691 Serves San Gregorio, Pescadero, Loma Mar, and La Honda.
- ALAS (650) 560-8947 Serves the Latino Coastside community.
- Senior Coastsiders (650) 726-9056 Serves the Senior coastside community.
- Abundant Grace (650) 726-6621 Serves the unhoused Coastside community.
Human Health Services
- Suicide Prevention (800) 273-8255
- Peer-Run Warm Line (855) 845-7415
- Poison Control (800) 222-1222
- Rabies Vaccine (650) 340-7022
Animal Health Services
- Marine Mammals (415) 289-SEAL (7325)
- Pets & Wildlife Rescue, Peninsula Humane Society (650) 340-8200