This part-time position is a great opportunity to share the wonders of ranch life with visiting youth and adults. The Ranch Educator leads science-based, hands-on tours of our working ranch where visitor can; learn about food and clothing fiber and where it comes from, interact with, and learn about ranch animals, explore plants, pollinators, and food in our gardens, planting a seedling or seed to take home.
The 4R’s concept – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Rot – is woven into our ranch tours in promoting environmental stewardship as a program takeaway.
- Leading groups for educational ranch programs and during our seasonal day camps.
- Lead chore group volunteers.
- Collect general participant data and waivers from visiting groups.
- Some weekend events: public days, birthday parties, club groups & tours, volunteers.
- Cleaning and general care for animals, stalls, and gardens.
- Ability to communicate with students and adults in an outdoor setting.
- Strong group management skills
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and share ideas
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable around ranch/farm animals
- Open to an adapting, changing environment
- Physically fit; able to walk on an incline and push a loaded wheelbarrow.
- Comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- COVID-19 considerations: all employees must be fully vaccinated
This position will promote, in all ways consistent with the other responsibilities of the position, accomplishment of the Affirmative Action goals established by the Division.
UC ANR is an equal opportunity provider and employer.