Hope Services is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We seek candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels..
We are currently seeking a Community Support Facilitator for our program in San Mateo County (Pacifica, Daly City, San Bruno, South SF).
**Vehicle and Gas Card provided by the the company**
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement and a comprehensive Scholarship Program, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
The Community Support Facilitator provides support and leadership for consumers to participate in activities and receive services in community settings. Activities and services are defined by the consumer and his or her Person Centered Plan and Individualized Personal Plan.
- Provide group and/or individual support in the community as identified in the consumer’s Individualized Personal Plan.
- Develop opportunities for clients to participate as valued and contributing members of the community. Facilitate and model interactive relationships with community members.
- Facilitate and develop activities to build relationships, skills, and experience in the community. Travel with and/or transport client throughout the local community.
- Develop and expand consumer participation in typical and generic community activities chosen by the consumer.
- Act as advocate on behalf of consumers served.
- Complete required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports, case recordings, IPPs and other required documentation.
- Maintain a professional relationship with consumers, family members and appropriate others. Represent HOPE in the community in a professional manner.
- Implement behavioral intervention plan when needed to assure consumer safety and promote learning.
- Coordinates consumer programming with Center’s activities, services, and staff.
- Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
- Perform other duties as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
- The Community Support Facilitator should possess a High school diploma, GED, or equivalent, plus two years of related experience or an approved combination of experience and education.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and clear driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Community Support Facilitator role:
- A belief that all people are valued members of the community.
- An understanding of the principles of normalization and commitment to community integration.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the team.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills including use of computerized word program and data base.
- Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
- CPR and First Aid certification (Hope can provide necessary training, if needed).
- Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse population.
Extensive travel around town and in the consumer community; use of public transportation where possible; exposure to climatic conditions, heat, cold, humidity, dampness, sun, pollens; lifting/carrying supplies for consumer supports to and from locations, walking, standing, visual/auditory acuity while supporting consumer in the community; position is community based and in local and consumer home community, climbing stairs to reach the consumer is occasionally necessary; work alone as well as closely with others, sitting for periods of time in meetings and use of office environment; produce work on computers/office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.