Are you passionate about helping older Coastside adults live their best lives? Are you looking to work full time with a great team doing meaningful and engaging work? If so, Senior Coastsiders has the position you are seeking.
We are hiring a full-time bus driver who will work Mondays to Fridays between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm. The driver will transport older Coastside adults to our Center in the mornings and return them home in the afternoons, on weekly trips to the grocery store and on planned outings. We have a new 10-seater wheelchair accessible van (no special license required).
This is a long-term position requiring approximately 40 hours per week between 8 am and 4 pm with starting pay of $22-25 per hour, depending on experience. This position may involve occasional evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate van to transport clients, materials and equipment to assigned destinations
- Load/unload van as necessary
- Clean, service and maintain van and perform minor repairs
- May assist participants unable to enter or exit van independently
- Work with staff to coordinate the scheduling of van trips
Qualifications and Skills
The preferred candidate should:
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
- Be pleasant and like working with older adults
- Be an effective communicator with participants, partners and staff
- Be able to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Be a solution-oriented problem solver.
- Be able to reliably commute to the Coast
- Be bilingual Spanish or Mandarin (an advantage, not a requirement)
- Have 1 year experience as a driver, preferably with older adults
- All applicants must pass DOT pre-employment requirements including a DOT physical and drug test. If hired, employees may be randomly drug tested.
- Pay: $22 – $25 per hour depending on experience
- Voluntary matched retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Part time in the afternoons and occasionally on weekends