Would you like to join an amazing team doing a job that is rewarding and meaningful? Are you good at managing people and processes? Do you have good computer skills? Are you good with people? Do you get on well with older adults? Would you like to earn a competitive salary with benefits? If you answered yes to these questions, then Senior Coastsiders has a great job opportunity for you.
Senior Coastsiders is seeking a full-time Kitchen Manager to help our Chef run our commercial kitchen, prepare our menus, and coordinate our volunteers. Salary range $50,000 to $55,000/year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Chef in ordering food and kitchen supplies in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Checks and stocks weekly vendor delivery.
- Ensures kitchen cleaning and maintenance is done on schedule and keeps appropriate records.
- Maintains and documents highest standards of sanitation, safety, food preparation and storage.
- Assists with selecting and picking up food from Second Harvest.
- Ensures meals for home delivery are packaged appropriately and kept at correct temperatures.
- Creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the dining room.
- Ensures the dining room is set up appropriately each day.
- Provides the ED with all required monthly reports.
- Assists the Chef to prepare county acceptable menus and have them approved on time.
- Coordinates with Program Manager to ensure the correct number of volunteers are scheduled.
- Supervises volunteers working in the kitchen and dining room.
- Assists Program Manager with providing nutrition education to participants at least 1/quarter.
Qualifications and Skills
The preferred candidate should:
- Have excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills to supervise volunteers and engage with older adult participants.
- Comply with all food health and safety regulations including food handling certification.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Be detail oriented and have a good understanding of kitchen finances.
- Be able to stand for extended periods.
- Be prepared to work additional hours as needed, occasionally nights and weekends.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have 2+ years’ experience managing others.
- Be bilingual Spanish (an advantage, not a requirement).
- Provide references and pass a background check.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest indicating your previous experience to [email protected] with the subject header: Senior Coastsiders Kitchen Manager or bring your letter to Senior Coastsiders, 925 Main St, Half Moon Bay or call us at 650-726-9056.