Part-time (15 hours per week), Non-exempt (Hourly)
Role and Responsibilities:
The Marketing and Community Engagement Associate assists with the short and long-term strategic planning for marketing the School, with a multimedia approach that includes verbal, print, digital, and social media communication methods. With a keen awareness of the School’s public image and mission, this person supports the Director of Advancement with admission, retention, marketing, communications, community partnerships, and service projects. See complete Job Description for more details.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Intimate and direct knowledge of Marketing and Community Engagement.
- Ability to work on multiple fronts in an advancement operation and deal with frequent deadlines.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly skilled in interpersonal/relationship building, analytical/strategic thinking, organization, time management, delegation, problem-solving, conflict management, and decision-making.Innovative, growth mindset, self-starter who works efficiently to attain goals.
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- Willing to embrace the lifestyle of working in a small independent school by being a team player and working toward job excellence.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in marketing, graphic design, Web-based marketing, Website management, and maintaining a Web presence desired.
- Proficiency with Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.) and some video production experience desired.
- Experience in a not-for-profit and/or independent school environment is highly preferred.
About our school:
Sea Crest is a JK-8 school of joyful learning and community. Located in the heart of Half Moon Bay, Sea Crest offers a high-quality, engaging educational experience that leverages our beautiful setting with a focus on marine and coastal connection. Our creative and collaborative educators believe in providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage. For 25 years, we have had the privilege of stewarding young minds and hearts through their journey of discovery, growth and development. Our small class sizes support a personalized approach to instruction and the opportunity to develop strong connections with students. Our enrichment programs enable students to discover new interests and abilities in a supportive environment. Sea Crest graduates are: Inclusive, Thoughtful, Knowledgeable, Creative, and Articulate.
How to Apply
If you are interested in moving forward, please submit a cover letter and résumé to Ambar Pina, Director of Advancement. Sea Crest values diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. Sea Crest offers a strong benefits package and expects to pay between $35,000- $40,000 for this role depending on relevant experience.