Are you passionate about helping older Coastside adults live their best lives? Are you looking to work part time with a great team doing meaningful and engaging work? If so, Senior Coastsiders has the position you are seeking. We are hiring a part-time Activity Coordinator to assist with developing program content, organizing and leading activities to enhance the physical, social, and mental well-being of our participants. Activities may include individual or group sports, arts and crafts, music, dance, and drama and should be high-quality, interesting, creative, and rewarding.
This is a long-term position requiring approximately 10-15 hours per week with starting pay of $20-25 per hour, depending on experience. This position includes activity coordination in the afternoons, early evenings and possibly weekend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Program Manager to schedule new and existing classes and activities for older adults.
- Coordinate the scheduling, set up and break down of daily classes and activities.
- Work with staff to coordinate the scheduling, set up and break down of special events.
- Develop, maintain, and grow partnerships with other agencies for greater variety of programs.
- Assist Program Manager in making sure activities are well attended.
Qualifications and Skills
The preferred candidate should:
- Be able to move chairs and tables to set up rooms as needed
- Be able to set up class related technology as needed
- Be pleasant and like working with older adults
- Be an effective communicator with participants, partners and staff
- Be able to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Be a solution-oriented problem solver.
- Be able to answer the phones and use a computer
- Be able to reliably commute to the Coast
- Be bilingual Spanish or Mandarin (an advantage, not a requirement)
- Have 1 year experience in activity coordination or recreation (an advantage, not a requirement)
- Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour depending on experience
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Part time in the afternoons and occasionally weekend
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest indicating why you’re a great fit for this position to [email protected] with the subject header: Senior Coastsiders Part-Time Activity Coordinator or bring your letter to 925 Main St, Half Moon Bay or call us at 650-726-9056.