Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) seeks a Program Manager to lead the team managing and operating a wide range of Half Moon Bay and San Mateo County Coastside-based programs and services. Renaissance has been awarded the opportunity to build vital entrepreneurship programs and services in HMB and Coastside; our new colleague will play a key role in developing programs and collaborative community relationships. The ideal candidate has experience in diverse communities of Half Moon Bay and/or the Coastside, passion and expertise in small business and economic development, proven experience in program design and management, and leadership in working with diverse clients and community stakeholders.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. Across the Bay, we deliver high-quality business training support services to socially and economically diverse men and women starting and expanding microenterprises. Renaissance Peninsula programs include Renaissance-standard startup programs, as well as specialty programs like the Business of Child Care and Business Certification. We provide programming through innovative collaborations with JobTrain and other San Mateo County service providers at the Economic Advancement Center in South San Francisco and the Economic and Employment Center in North Fair Oaks. We host the San Mateo Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to provide business support services to entrepreneurs from across the economic spectrum. The new site in Half Moon Bay, serving the San Mateo Coastside, will build on the successful “one-stop-shop” models referenced above.
The Program Manager’s schedule is general business hours, M-F, on-site at our newest office in downtown Half Moon Bay. However, occasional evening and weekend hours will help our new colleague represent Renaissance and connect to the community through our programs,
partners and community events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Program Manager will be responsible for the initial development and launch of the Half Moon Bay / Coastside site, with the following high-level duties:
● Build on the initial research and program planning to map out the strengths, needs, and
goals for the program with a focus on getting to know specific businesses and partners.
● Develop appropriate programming and events to address the needs of the business
community in Half Moon Bay within the mission of the Renaissance Entrepreneurship
● Recruit, train, manage and evaluate consultants and volunteers who deliver client
services; Ensure client satisfaction and quality program standards are met.
● Monitor program and budget progress against grant deliverables; prepare progress
reports for funders quarterly/as required. Support other grant management and
proposal development, as needed.
● Create and manage relationships with partners and stakeholders in business, the
community and government. Be available for outreach and relationship management
opportunities that fall outside of traditional business hours.
● Manage Half Moon Bay team, including professional development and growth
● Passion for entrepreneurship and economic development; particularly within and for
socioeconomically diverse communities.
● Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with elected officials and
senior leadership within governments and non-profit organizations.
● Experience in nonprofit organization and government grant program management,
delivering program excellence on time and within budget. Understanding of government
grant reporting requirements and grant budget management is highly preferred.
● Bachelor’s degree or comparable combination of at least 5-10 years of experience in
small business ownership, economic development and/or senior management.
● Excellent organization skills and detail orientation; Ability to address multiple priorities
and program deliverables simultaneously.
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate a compelling and inspired
sense of purpose.
● Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced, and
mission-driven organization. Ability to manage and inspire staff and to work well in a
team. Startup mindset welcome!
● Bilingual in Spanish very strongly preferred.
● Proven familiarity with the diverse San Mateo County coastside communities.
● Experience and comfort with Google Platform, Canva, Zoom, client databases, and
government reporting portals.
● Ability to travel throughout the Coastside for client outreach, program marketing,
building partnerships with fellow organizations, and celebrating client successes at their
places of business.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary ($80,000-$85,000 based on experience) and generous benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please note “Coastside Program Manager” as the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.