Job Location: Coast House – Half Moon Bay
Position Type: Part Time – Sat./Sun.
Education Level: High School Diploma
Job Shift: Day
About Us: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Culture: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: The Residential Services Coordinator’s (RSC) primary role and responsibility is to provide safety supervision of program participants; and work collaboratively with other staff in assisting clients towards the goals of permanent housing and a stable income. Successful RSC’s will demonstrate strong attention to detail, multi-tasking, and diplomatic limit setting. Duties include but are not limited to – client exit and entry supervision, monitor client activities ensuring program rules are abided, answering phones, accepting donations, and helping maintain cordial neighborhood relations. The salary for the RSC position is $19 an hour for day shifts, $20.50 an hour for swing shifts (5pm-12am), and $21 an hour for grave shifts (12am-8am).
Examples of Duties:
- Providing crisis management for clients; making linkages for interventions as appropriate
- Supporting client and facility needs
- Fielding questions from clients and responding to requests
- Completing incident reports as needed
- Providing safety supervision of program participants
- Greeting clients, volunteers, donors, and community partners upon arrival
- Overseeing chores, meals and living space (rounds)
- Conducting intakes/discharges
- Other duties as assigned
A minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
- A BA/BS in Social Services, Education a plus.
- Personal or professional experience/education working with mental health clients a plus.
- An understanding of, or willingness to learn about, ideas and practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking preferred, but not mandatory.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
*$19 an hour for day shifts, $20.50 an hour for swing shifts (5pm-12am), and $21 an hour for grave shifts (12am-8am)